If you know me, you know that I love everything to do with candy canes! They give any dish the perfect holiday vibe! This quick and easy recipe will surely be one of your holiday favourites. Lets begin 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1/2 (1 stick) salted butter
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1 tablespoon sour cream
– crushed candy canes (~ 1/4 cup)
1. In a stand mixer, combine 1 stick of butter with 1 cup of sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the vanilla and sour cream until combined. Be sure not to over mix!
3. In a small separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir slightly. Slowly add into the butter mixture.
4. Once fully combined, remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add in the crushed candy canes (I bought a small pack of pre-crushed candy canes from HomeSense). Mix in the candy canes with a rubber spatula until all combined. Transfer the dough mixture onto a floured surface.
5. Grab a rolling pin and flatten out the dough mixture. You may wish to use cookie cutters or roll the dough into small balls. Drop the cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet.
6. Place the cookies into the oven and bake for about 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cover with a tea-towel for about 5-10 minutes.
There you have it! Quick and easy. I chose to sprinkle a little bit of confectioners sugar on top of the cookies once complete. Enjoy! 🙂
Be sure to check out my instagram page @idreamofsugars 🙂