Frosted cranberries are definitely a go to for the holiday season! Either for decorative or edible purposes, they compliment almost any dish. Throw them in a cosmo to spice up that holiday drink, or layer them on top of a savoury cheesecake. The possibilities are almost endless!
Today i’ll show you how easy they truly are! With only 3 major ingredients, you’ll be done in no time. Check it out! 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 2 cups of cranberries
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1 cup water
1.In a small colander, rinse your cranberries and drain well. Be sure to throw away any soft/bruised ones as you want them to be strong and firm!
2. In a small or medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar on medium heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve, but be sure not to let the water boil! (Roughly 1-2 minutes)
3. Remove from the heat and allow the sugar mixture to cool for about 5 minutes. Adding the cranberries instantly will cause them to pop as they are quite sensitive to heat!
4. Now its time to add in the cranberries! Pour about 2 cups into the liquid and quickly coat them with a baking spatula. Once you have applied an even coat, grab a large spoon and begin to drain the cranberries in small batches. Transfer them over to a wire rack or baking pan.
5. Allow the cranberries to sit for at least 1 hour. The longer the better. This will make sure that their glossy coat sticks! Some people choose to let them sit over night, but 1 hour is surely sufficient!
6. Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for… it’s time to coat them in pure sugar! Pour the remaining 1/2 cup sugar into a small plate or bowl. Feel free to add more sugar if you would like to give them a double coat.
7. Let the sugared cranberries sit for approx. 20-30 minutes to allow the sugar to fully dry! Feel free to freeze the sugared cranberries once completely dry, and enjoy for future use.
Hope you all enjoyed! 🙂