During this busy and quite stressful time of year, I always find myself looking for snacks to munch on… Whats better than sugary candy coated nuts?! This quick and simple recipe will become a favourite guaranteed! Take a small bag to work, or enjoy munching on them while you study like I do! Regardless, they are bound to please!
Feel free to mix up the recipe and incorporate your favourite type of nuts, there are no restrictions! These sweet and delicious ingredients are guaranteed to leave your house smelling phenomenal over the holidays 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 4 cups of your favourite nuts
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 2/3 cups water
– 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*Preheat your over to 350 fahrenheit
1.Spread out 4 cups of your favourite nuts on a baking tray. I chose to combine 2 cups of pecans, 1 cup of peanuts and 1 cup of toasted almonds. Place the tray in the oven for about 10 minutes to toast the nuts (I did not toast my almonds as they had previously been toasted).
2. Remove the nuts from the oven and allow them to cool. As they cool, we will prepare the sugary coating! Combine 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 2/3 cups of water, 4 tsps of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in a medium sauce pan under medium heat.
3. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the mixture comes to a boil, quickly add in the nuts. Stir with a baking spatula to assure you evenly apply a glossy coat throughout. Raise to med-high heat and continue stirring the mixture until all of the liquid evaporates. This process took me just under 15 minutes. Be sure to continue stirring!
4. Once all of the liquid has crystallized, scoop the nuts out of the pan and spread across your baking sheet.
Allow them to cool for at least 10-15 minutes. Feel free to sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top for that extra kick! Store in a sealed tight container or keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy! 🙂