I hope everyone had a great Christmas filled with lots of sweet treats! These classic snickerdoodles were a hit this holiday season. Plain and simple is always my favourite type of cookie! The soft and chewy centre is sure to please your guests. Check out the recipe below 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
– 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon sour cream
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
*Preheat your oven to 375 fahrenheit
- First we will make the topping. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the unsalted butter until light and fluffy in appearance. Once creamed, mix in 1 1/3 cups of granulated sugar with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and a pinch of salt! Whisking allows you to smooth out any clumps within the dry ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the mixer while on low speed. Be sure to scrape down the sides as the dough will appear very thick. You may prefer to mix by hand at this point.
5. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Grab the small bowl with the sugar topping prepared earlier. Using either your hands or a tablespoon, grab a small portion of the cookie dough and roll into a ball in the palm of your hands. Coat the cookie ball in the sugar mixture and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until finished.
Slightly press down on each ball to flatten the dough just a little bit
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once complete, allow the cookies to cool with a tea towel on top. Enjoy with a cup of coffee/tea! 🙂