Triple Chocolate… Need I say more? Sweet and decadent all in one! These cookies hold a long prep time but I promise you they are worth the wait! A perfect treat for any season or holiday. Anyone with a sweet tooth will guaranteed love these little treats! 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon sour cream
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup white chocolate
– crushed candy canes & sprinkles
Check out the custom rolling pin my friend got for me for Christmas! 🙂
1. In a stand mixer, cream together 1/2 cup of butter until light and fluffy on medium speed. Once smooth, slowly add in 1/2 cup granulated and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
2. Once the sugar and butter is combined, add in 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. Mix on low-medium speed until fully combined.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients. One by one, combine 1 cup of flour with 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt! Whisking will remove and bumps or clumps to allow smooth blending.
4. Slowly begin adding the dry ingredients into the stand mixer. I chose to add teaspoon by teaspoon. Although this may be time consuming, it allows the ingredients to fully combine! The dough will appear very thick and dense.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until the chips are folded into the dough mixture. You may choose to do this step by hand.
6. At this point we are ready to chill the dough. The longer the better, but a minimum of 4 hours is suggested. This way, all of the ingredients have time to set and develop. I left mine in the refrigerator over night. Place the dough onto plastic wrap and allow cooling. When removing from the fridge, allow the dough to sit for about an hour before scooping.
7. Once the dough has sat out of the fridge, it is now time to begin baking! Preheat your oven to 350 fahrenheit. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Begin scooping dough and rolling it into a ball in the palm of your hands. Place on the cookie sheet and gently place down. Repeat until complete.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Once complete, allow the cookies to cool with a tea towel over top.
9. Now its time to decorate! While the cookies are cooling, place 1 cup of white chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. On medium power, place the bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Constantly stir between each interval until all of the chips are melted. If your microwave does not have a medium power option, use 15 second intervals. I was able to get all of mine melted in ~1 minute.
10. Dip each cookie about half way into the melted white chocolate and place on parchment paper to harden. Once all cookies are dipped, sprinkle crushed candy canes and colourful sprinkles on the chocolate dipped half to tie in a Christmas theme! Enjoy!! 🙂