This cake has always been a childhood favourite of mine! Today is my baba’s birthday, so I decided to bake her a special something 🙂 The fresh blueberries paired with the tangy lime juice is just perfect!
I decided to include something different in this post. At the bottom of the page, you will notice I included nutritional info (calories). This is intended to help those you who take interest in watching what you eat. Hope you enjoy! 🙂 Check out the recipe below.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1 cup unsalted butter
– 2 1/3 cups all purpose baking flour
– 1 block original cream cheese
– 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
– 4 1/2 tbsp sour cream
– 2 cups fresh blueberries
For the Glaze:
– 1 cup confectioners sugar
– lime juice
*Preheat your oven to 350 fahrenheit
1. Line your bundt pan with flour and butter. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 2 1/3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Whisking will remove any bumps in the ingredients to allow for even blending.
3. Grate 1 lime into the flour mixture and whisk together. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer on medium speed, cream together 1 cup unsalted butter until light and fluffy. Add in 1 block of cream cheese and reduce to low-medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy in texture.
5. Add in 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until well combined.
6. Reduce to medium speed and slowly add in 1 tbsp of sour cream at a time until combined. The mixture will appear light and fluffy.
7. Slowly add the flour mixture divided into 3 parts. Mix on low speed. The batter will appear very thick. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
8. Remove the bowl from the mixer and scrape down all of the sides. Add in 2 cups blueberries. I used frozen organic blueberries and took them out a few hours prior to use. Fold in the blueberries with a rubber baking spatula.
9. Grab your floured bundt pan and evenly spread the batter across the pan. Use a knife to let out any air bubbles. Bake for 55-65 minutes.
10. Now for the glaze! In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup confectioners sugar. Using the lime that you grated for the batter, squeeze the lime juice into the sugar and continue to whisk. You should find that you will use just under a full lime.
11. Pour the glaze into a container and set in the fridge until ready for use.
12. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool with a tea towel over top. Flip over onto a plate of your choice.
13. Remove the glaze from the fridge and drizzle across the cake.
Based on a 12 serving yield, 1 slice contains 461 calories and 24 g of fat. Not quite a weight watchers cake, but I can assure you it is worth the calories! Enjoy 🙂