Looking for a quick and easy no bake sweet treat? This cream cheese based fruit dip will impress all of your party guests! I have been making this dip for years…it’s definitely one of my favourites! Whether I’m bringing it to a party, or eating it as a study snack, it always satisfies my sweet tooth. In this particular recipe, I chose to use granny smith apples as the sour flesh pairs well with a sweet cream cheese based dip. Whip up a quick batch and enjoy! 🙂 Check out the recipe below.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1 block (8 0z) original cream cheese
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup skor bits
– 2 or 3 granny smith apples
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 block of cream cheese with a hand held mixer on medium speed. Divide the block into approx. 5 pieces to ease the mixing process. This will take about 1 minute. Once complete, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber baking spatula.
2. Add in 1/2 cup brown sugar and mix on low-medium speed for about 1 minute. The mixture should appear smooth and thick.
3. Add in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. For this step, you may choose to mix by hand as the dip will be quite smooth, and does not require a lot of mixing.
4. Pour the dip in a small platter/dish and smooth out and clumps. Wash and dry your granny smith apples, and set aside.
5. Evenly pour 1/2 cup skor bits over the dip. Place the dish in the freezer and allow to chill for approx. 10 minutes. While the dip chills, slice up your apples.
6. After the time has elapsed, remove the dip from the freezer and enjoy! 🙂