Yup, I’m officially obsessed with making mini donuts! These cinnamon treats are absolutely my favourite recipe for donuts. I think its safe to say that anything coated in cinnamon sugar is an automatic winner. With just a few simple ingredients, they were ready in no time.
As I’m currently on reading week, I’m over my head in studies. I woke up to the snow falling this morning, and thought to myself what’s better than warm sugary donuts on a cold winter day?! I retrieved the original recipe from SallysBakingAddiction, and modified a few ingredients. Check out how easy the recipe is below, hope you enjoy!! 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– egg replacer (1 egg)
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup buttermilk
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Coating:
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2/3 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tsp cinnamon
*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisking will remove any clumps in the flour. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg replacer (1 tsp powder + 2 tbsp water), brown sugar, milk and yogurt. Add in the vanilla and melted butter, and stir well.
3. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold with a baking spatula. The batter will appear to be very thick. Do not over mix!
4. Carefully butter and flour the donut cavity. Place the batter in a Zip Loc bag and cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners. This will ease the piping process. Fill the donut cavities about 2/3 of the way. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Now for the coating! In a small sauce pan melt 1/2 cup unsalted butter under low heat. Make sure it doesn’t boil! In a separate small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Set both aside until the donuts have finished baking.
6. Now its time for the fun part! Once the donuts have cooled, transfer them to the wire rack. Quickly dip them in the butter and toss them in the sugary coating. Place the dipped donuts on the wire rack and allow the coating to dry. Enjoy!! 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog via email and follow me on Instagram 🙂