Today is my Nonno’s birthday and I decided to bake him something I knew he’d enjoy. I mean, who wouldn’t enjoy Nutella mixed in with more chocolate right?! He has a huge sweet tooth when it comes to chocolate, so I assumed this would do just the trick!
I’m happy to say that this is an original recipe of mine. I was quite nervous to create my own brownie recipe as I don’t bake them very often, but they turned out awesome!! (I owe it all to the Nutella 🙂 ). With just a few simple ingredients and a whole lot of chocolate, they were ready to go. I find that the trick is in knowing the ratio of ingredients to incorporate into the batter. Since the recipe included both Nutella spread AND chocolate chips, I knew I could reduce the amount of granulated sugar. Also, within brownie batters I find that 2:1 flour to butter works well.
The melted chocolate chips folded into the batter were just perfect! This super moist and fudgy treat is definitely a comfort food of mine. The brownies are surely best served warm with a tall glass of cold milk, but can be stored in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup Nutella/Hazelnut spread
– 3 tbsp sour cream
– 1/3 cup semi sweet/milk chocolate chips
*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Be sure to remove any clumps in the flour. Set aside.
2. Place the butter in a small sauce pan and melt under medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t boil. Allow it to cool.
In a separate small bowl, combine the Nutella, sour cream, vanilla and sugar. The mixture will appear quite grainy.
3. Once the butter has cooled, slowly fold it into the Nutella mixture. Continue folding until all of the butter is absorbed into the chocolate. Your mixture should look like a big bowl of melted chocolate.
5. Butter and flour your brownie pan and set aside. Slowly add the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Fold until all flour pockets are gone.
6. Pour the chocolate chips into the batter and fold. Gently pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes. If you’re like me and want even MORE chocolate, sprinkle a few chocolate chips over top of the batter prior to placing in the oven.
7. Once complete, remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cut into pieces. Enjoy!! 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog via email & follow me on Instagram 🙂